Blessed Are The Peacemakers: Supporting Natalie’s Corner
Join our cause in raising vital construction funds for Natalie’s Corner, a captivating and interactive water feature (splash pad) alongside a communal space within Central Park. This remarkable space is designed to honor the memory of Peace Officer Natalie Corona, who tragically lost her life in the line of duty at just 22 years old while serving with the Davis Police Department in 2019.
We extend a warm invitation for you to attend a significant fund-raising dinner taking place on Saturday, September 16th, starting at 5 pm. The venue is the Fellowship Hall at DCC. Your generous contribution of $50 is suggested to support this cause. Collaborating with DCC in hosting this event are Intercultural Mosaics and Scout Troops 111 and 1625, who were present on our premises during that fateful night.
Anticipate an evening of delightful experiences, including a culinary journey with delectable Korean cuisine meticulously prepared by Grace Moon and her associates. The ambiance will be further enriched by the smooth jazz tunes of Yolo Hot Club. An engaging silent auction awaits, offering unique items, and you’ll have the chance to convey a message of solace to Natalie’s family.
To donate, bring or mail a check to 412 C St. Davis, CA 95616, give at: https://www.facebook.com/donate/788399586621202 -or- give online at https://dccpres.org/give, select Give to a Specific Fund, select Special Donation, mention Natalie’s Corner in the notes.
For further insights into this noteworthy project, please visit: https://www.cityofdavis.org/city-hall/parks-and-community-services/current-improvement-projects/central-park-water-feature. Your involvement will make a meaningful impact in creating a space that commemorates a brave soul while fostering unity and joy within our community.
• 10:00 AM-5:00 PM: Mosaics prepares meals at Fellowship Hall kitchen
• 2:00 PM: Scouts arrange tables and chairs. Mosaics decorates table
• 5:00 PM: Registration and Name tag distribution. Enjoy refreshments and appetizers. Commence silent auctions
• 5:30 PM: Cheryl’s warm welcome. Introduction to the silent auction and an opportunity to leave a message for Natalie’s family. Stephen leads a prayer and provides instructions
• 5:45 PM: Initiate the serving of Korean Traditional Cuisine (buffet style)
• 6:00-7:00 PM: Musical entertainment
• 6:30 PM: Commence dessert service
• 7:00 PM: Conclude silent auction. Scouts share memories of Natalie. Stephen introduces Mosaics and leads a tribute to Natalie
• 7:30-9:30 PM: Scouts tidy up by clearing tables and chairs, returning tablecloths and dishes to the kitchen, and managing trash. Mosaics team handles dishwashing and cleans the kitchen area.
Thank you for your support!